The Reflections Arts Recognition Program is a national arts recognition and achievement program for students. Since 1969, over 10 million students across the nation have taken part in this popular PTA program.
The excitement and enthusiasm that the program generates for students, parents, schools and communities is unmatched with the majority of Georgia PTAs participating in the program at all PTA levels.
That’s why the Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
As an added bonus, in showcasing and celebrating student talent, the Reflections Program increases community awareness of the importance of the arts in education.
Entries Moving to CCC PTA (1st and 2nd place, per grade, per category)
Reflections entries moving onto Cherokee County PTA are due on October 19th between 10:00am to 2:30pm, location noted below. Late drop off cannot be accepted after 2:30pm, as judging will begin at that time. We can, however, arrange an earlier drop date if necessary.
Historic School Board Auditorium
110 Academy St
Entries coming in 1st place through 3rd place at the County level and Special Artists will be invited to the Reflections Ceremony in November 16th at Etowah High School. This is invitation only and each local unit Reflections Chair will be notified of all entries that place. Reflections Chairs, PTA ECs, and school administrators are also encouraged to attend.
The awards ceremony this year will incorporate an intermission at approximately 7:15 pm.
Awards for Elementary Schools will be presented in the first half with Middle and High Schools awards presented in the second half. Special Artist will presented at the beginning of each portion of the Ceremony, 6:00 pm for ES and 7:30 pm for MS/HS.
The search is on for the 2019-2020 National PTA Reflections program theme! The student who submits the winning entry will receive $100, and his or her theme will be announced at the National PTA Convention and Exhibition in June 2018.
Please review the past themes listed on the form linked below. Repeat themes will not be considered.
Participation in the Reflections Program theme search is optional.
Rules and Forms
- Offical Rules
- Local Student Entry Form
- Consent Form (to be used for those making a physical appearance other than the entry artist)
Special Artists Division
- Special Artists Local Student Entry Form (Use Student Entry Form, just be sure to mark the box indicating this is a Special Artist Entry. Form posted above.)
- Special Artists Rules
- Special Artist Flyer English
- Special Artist Flyer Spanish
These documents can be used together to create a packet of information to send home with interested students.
- Within Reach poster
- Reflections Teacher Flyer
- Aridged Reflections Rules
- Consent Form
- Entry Packaging Guidelines
- Quick Rules Reference
- Local Unit Reflections Checklist
- Certificate of Recognition (and Other Awards)
- Arts in Education Flyer – English
- Arts in Education Flyer – Spanish
For Reflections Committee Chairs:
- Reflections Celebration Guide
- Reflections Checklist
- Introduction to the Online System for Reflections (PowerPoint)
After you collect your artwork, it is time for judging. To aid the judges, provide each judge with the Reflections Judges Packet that includes guidelines and a score card.
Submitting to Council/State:
Local Unit Reflections Chairs: As you prepare your student entries to move forward from local unit to council or state level judging, we have a 3 step process we would like for you to follow.
- Step 1 – Complete the Local Unit Participation Form (Bring hard copy with entry submission)
- Step 2 – Complete the Winners Log. Complete all 3 tabs of the Winners Log Excel Spreadsheet. Email a copy to [email protected] and bring a hard copy with entry submission.
- Step 3 – Register your local unit with National PTA. We do not require Local Units to input their student entries into the online database, however, local units need to create an account and register their schools in the online system.